Friday, June 30, 2006

Argentina v. Germany

So... I'm desperately outlining a paper (the first of four I need done by Sunday). I mean desperately sitting in here reading economic treatises, writing thoughtful outline entries, procrastinating whereever possible. When, all of a sudden there is this tremendous outburst, screaming yelling, taxicabs honking in the streets, gunfire! I'm taken back to 1997, Bolivia v. Chile, after the game I remember hearing the same reaction all through Las Condes the night Chile won.

Well the game is going on right now, Argentina scored a goal a few minutes ago which started me on this blog entry. I turned on the TV, mainly to procrastinate, but also so I won't be caught off guard when Argentina scores and everyone around me yells again. Maybe I should avoid going out for lunch until I find out if Argentina wins, I can't imagine anyone here getting my order right until then.

More pictures tonight, if I complete this damn paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home