Saturday, June 03, 2006

And now a brief post on business lounge decor...

I am in Miami at the Admiral's Club. Now, I don't know if you are familiar with Miami Airport but as you can see from this map it is damn big. Too damn big.



Of course since it is under construction there are few moving walkways. After about a half hour, my quest to find the Admiral's Club from the plane ended under the smoking palm trees shown below.


I got to walk from A to E!


Trees sue airport!

Smokers under glass, and the poor palm trees. This whole thing seems pretty wacky, I have the distinct feeling I photographed it last time I was in Miami. It giggles me out that their are palms in the smoking area. I wonder if it is good for them?

Anyway the main reason for this entry is because of
Punk Walrus's entry last month about Balticon conference rooms, here are my pictures of similar patterns in the Admiral's Club decor.


Yuck!

What the hell is this all about? It is very 60s jet set, but it is wrong so so wrong, and they just renovated! I decided to upload this post and get it out of the way, so I am desperately seeking the business center when I run into Eva Longoria on yet another magazine. This is 92 by my count. I'm sure there is more, now I understand her presence her but what about the caribe/african female osiris painting? I mean is she fertility or is she death or both? Fertility Goddesses just aren't usually found in business lounges (well at least not in paintings) and death goddesses are kind of disturbing to show people getting on planes. I enjoyed the lounge so much I almost missed my flight. I was the second to last on board cause women on walls distracted
me...


Can someone tell me why she is here?!

On my way to the plane I ran into this ad below and had to comment. Does this happen? To anyone? Do you really have some hot chick go shopping and dress into lingerie for you just because you are in Miami?? I mean is that a pre-requisite?



I mean you can't identify with the guy unless you are super-rich, you may desire to be the guy, but would you want to be the woman? Maybe I a missing something here? I mean I like Miami, but what does this have to do with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home